‘No regrets’ as Mao bids farewell -中級

‘No regrets’ as Mao bids farewell
Figure skating icon gives few clues to next step

Mao Asada answered every question.
Mao emphasized that she feels at peace with her decision.
Mao realized her career was over when she finished 12th at December’s national championships. She said she had made up her mind to leave the sport in February.
“I’ve always tried to perform without making mistakes and skate confidently,” Mao said. “I wasn’t able to give a perfect performance… and thought, ‘Maybe I don’t have to do this anymore.’
“I’ve competed since I was 12, and I ended with the most disappointing result that I ever had.”
Nevertheless, the 26-year-old leaves the sport with a smile on her face.
She said that she is satisfied that she “had done everything.”
“I began figure skating when I was little and it gave me joy when I was able to do techniques.”
“I don’t really have any bad memories.”
Mao’s name was often associated with rival Yuna Kim. Mao said, “We competed with each other since we were about 16 years old. We really inspired each other and I think we shook up figure skating together.”
Mao said she would appear in a skate show in July in Osaka.
At the end, Mao stood up and once again expressed her appreciation to her supporters. She almost choked up but left with positive words about her future.
“Not forgetting what I’ve done in my skating career, I would like to find a new goal and move forward with a smile on my face,” she said.
ある程度理解ができたら、編集前の記事を読みましょう。

Popular posts from this blog

Embrace Uncertainty/わからないということを受け入れる

Music and Rhymes 洋楽とライム

Immerse Yourself in English/英語漬けになる